This baby does several jobs in one. It's basically a pole pruner with a saw attachment. The standard pole pruner--a bypass type—is designed to be used without a ladder. The combo model adds a 12-16 inch saw that's easily detached when not needed. Fiberglass poles are often prefereable to metal ones, especially when pruning near electrical wires. Teflon-coated saw blades a a good idea.
- Compound-action tree pruner with telescoping fiberglass for fast pruning of small, medium or larger trees
- Teflon-coated steel cutlery blade cuts up to 1-inch branches; conventional saw blade can be used to remove larger limbs
- Pruning head is made of die cast zinc alloy for durability; 24-inch non-slip cushioned grips for comfort
- Pole length: 12 feet; saw length: 13 inches
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Corona Clipper 12-foot compound-action tree pruner is a versatile tool that gives you the combined benefits of a saw and bypass pruner for fast, easy pruning; the telescoping fiberglass pole adjusts to precisely the right length for small, medium or larger trees. Pass-thru shearing action drives a blade sharpened on both sides directly through the center of the hook, giving you more even cutting power and resisting the binding common with side-mounted blades. The fully heat-treated, Teflon-coated cutlery steel blade easily prunes branches up to 1 inch in diameter, while the 13-inch conventional saw blade can be used to remove larger limbs. The pruning head is made of die cast zinc alloy for added durability, and the pruner features a compound-action pulley system that increases your leverage and triples your cutting power. The strong, lightweight fiberglass pole telescopes to 12 feet with an infinitely adjustable twist-lock extender and non-pinching twistlock adjustment. The unique internal stop prevents the inner pole from separating from the outer pole. The pole features a comfortable non-slip 24-inch cushioned grip to relieve hand and muscle stress.