Choice - Gas vs. Electric
Your choice of an electric or gasoline powered chainsaw depends on how you expect to use it. For most cutting jobs around the yard, an electric saw is best. Electric chainsaws are quieter and easier to start than gasoline powered saws. They do not use volatile gasoline fuel, and they also require much less engine maintenance. However, your activities are limited by the length of your extension cord, which must be dragged about wherever you want to do your work.
If you regularly cut lots of firewood, or are contemplating a large-scale cleanup job at some distance from the house, a gasoline powered saw is an appropriate choice. Gasoline powered chainsaws offer greater power as well as freedom from a restricting electrical cord. You can take one of these tools anywhere. There is no risk of electric shock, but the gasoline and oil fuel mixture presents its own fire and burn injury hazards. The engines require more routine maintenance.
FIRST GAS CHAINSAWS
Factory-Reconditioned Homelite ZR10540 42cc 14-in Gas Chain Saw
- 3-point vibration isolation and automatic chain oiler for ease of use
- Tool-less chain tensioner
This is a factory reconditioned power chain saw. Reconditioned generally means that the power chain saw has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the power chain saw back to like new condition. Some power chain saws may contain cosmetic blemishes. Includes 42cc 14-in Gas Chain Saw - ZR10540
Poulan Pro PP4218AVX 18-Inch 42cc 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Anti-Vibration Chain Saw with Case
- Anti-vibration handle improves comfort and safety
- Includes 18-inch guide bar
- The reverse sprocket provides easy tool-less chain replacement
- Automatic oiling system lubricates the bar and chain continually during use
- Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California
Poulan P3314 14-Inch 33cc 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Chain Saw
- Poulan 14-inch, 33cc, 2-cycle gas powered chain saw with gear-driven automatic oiler
- Ideal for cutting jobs around the yard with a 28-inch diameter cutting capacity
- Features super clean air filter system which extends the life of the air filter
- Includes a 14-inch steel bar, primer bulb for easy starting, and automatic chain oiler
- Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California
Poulan branded chainsaws offer reliability and phenomenal performance at an affordable price. The 14" 33cc 2-cycle gas chainsaw (P3314) is perfect for light cutting and most jobs around the yard. This item comes fully assembled.
THEN HOW ABOUT AN ELECTRIC CHAINSAW
Poulan Pro 400E 18-Inch 4 Horsepower Electric Chain Saw
- Poulan Pro electric chain saw with 4-horsepower engine gives you the flexibility to cut at various angles without the mess or hassle of gas
- 18-inch steel guide bar for precision and control
- Poulan Pro electric chain saw comes fully assembled
- Features an inertia blade brake, anti-kickback bar tip, and wrap-around handle for safety
- 1-year warranty
Providing cutting-edge features to help you power through jobs both big and small, the Poulan Pro 400E 18-Inch 4.0 HP Electric Chain Saw arrives fully assembled, so it's ready to go right out of the box. Great for yard maintenance and cleanup, this powerful yet lightweight tool gives you the flexibility to cut at various angles without the mess or hassle of gas.
A four HP electric engine delivers clean, efficient power. View larger.
The 400E is designed for safety and comfortable handling. View larger.
Powered by an efficient four HP electric engine, the Pro 400E is perfect for cutting firewood, pruning thick tree branches and bushes, cutting through fallen trees, and tackling other around-the-house chores. It also has a lightweight, portable design that minimizes strain on your body, even after extended use.
Electric Power for No-Hassle Maintenance
Because the 400E is an electric saw, it doesn't require priming pumps or gas, which can cause messes and strong odors in your yard. And thanks to the automatic chain oiler and large sight window, it's easy to maintain the proper lubrication level while you work. The 400E also operates at a lower noise level than many other models, making yard work more pleasant for you and your neighbors.
Innovative Features for Precision, Control, and Safety
The 400E includes an 18-inch steel guide bar for precision and control, a comfortable trigger for instant power, and important safety features like an inertia blade brake, anti-kickback bar tip, and a wrap-around handle to help protect users from injury.
Double Insulated for Safety
For additional safety, the 400E is double insulated to help protect against electric shock. Double insulation construction consists of two separate layers of electrical insulation instead of grounding. As a result, if you use an extension cord with your saw, it can be plugged into any standard 120-volt electrical outlet.
The 400E is backed by a one-year warranty.
About Poulan: Diverse, Powerful Yard Maintenance Equipment
The Weed Eater, Poulan, and Poulan Pro lines of yard maintenance equipment are backed by a long heritage of innovation that traces its roots to 1944. From powerful riding mowers, lawn mowers, and tillers, to trimmers, blowers, snow throwers, and chainsaws, the Poulan name is synonymous with a dedication to quality and maximum effectiveness. These products utilize the most robust engines from the industry's leading suppliers for long lasting operation. The sheer power of a gas two-cycle handheld will help you get the best looking lawn in the neighborhood, while Poulan's line of electric trimmers, blowers, and chainsaws tackles those clean-up jobs around the house.
What's in the Box
Saw, scabbard, bar, chain, warranty card, and manual.
Makita UC3530A Commercial Grade 14-Inch 15 amp Electric Chain Saw with Tool-Less Blade And Chain Adjustments
- One-touch tool-less blade and chain adjustments for easy operation and maintenance
- Rubberized grip handles are ergonomically designed for comfort and east handling
- Large trigger switch with soft start for smooth start-ups
- Built-in current limiter helps protect motor from burn-out by reducing power to motor when saw is overloaded
- Large oil reservoir with view window allows operator to check bar oil level