There are a number of designs of hand tools for weeking in the garden, in the lawn, and where-ever.
This weeder by Radius is one of our favorites.
- Advanced ergonomic design; the Natural Radius Grip minimizes hand and wrist stress while maximizing power and comfort
- The ultra-light aluminum/magnesium blades have an exceptional strength to weight ratio
- Features a Santoprene thermoplastic handle;this high performance, non-latex material provides a secure, comfortable grip whether wet or dry
- Serrated blade slides through compacted roots and earth
- Use back blade ings to pull roots and weed systems
- Perfect tool for removing dandelions and other tough-to-get weed roots.
- Sharp serrated blade easily slides through compacted earth.
- Curved fulcrum pops out deep, tough weeds.
- Back blade wings pull or cut roots and weed stems.
- Seed reservoir and planting channel guides herb and other small seeds exactly where you need them.
- THIS TOUGH TOOL WILL GET THOSE PESKY WEEDS IN THE CRACKS OF THE SIDEWALK
- Telescopes from 37-to-63-Inch
- Made form sharpened stainless steel blade that resists rust
- Telescoping handle extends for use, retracts for easy storage using handle ring
- The Fiskars telescoping multi-weeder is a versatile tool that weeds, edges and scrapes. Great for removing weeds in hard-to-reach places, cleaning walkways and driveways, and edging. Made form sharpened stainless steel blade that resists rust. Telescoping handle extends for use, retracts for easy storage using handle ring.
- Another design.
- The angle of this American made tool serves three functions.
- The serrated teeth snag and cut for you.
- The barbed tip pulled weeds from cracks.
- The leverage of the angle pulls the tap roots out cleanly.
- Rust free very sharp stainless steal blade is always ready.
This tool has been around for centuries and is a very handy all purpose weeding tool.
Amazon.com Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The Joshua Roth Hori-Hori digging tool has a carbon steel blade that is very sharp and concave shaped, making it a perfect tool for scooping soil and other materials. The tool was originally designed for excavating aged plantings high in the mountains of Japan, where enthusiasts still find prized specimens for bonsai. This tool is especially valuable in the garden such as for cutting and scraping soil, weeds, vegetables, and woody plants. The quality carbon steel construction will let you dig, pry, and cut with ease, while serrated teeth along one edge provide a convenient saw for the more difficult tasks. And the semi-sharp edges let you get the work done with less concern about safety. A sturdy vinyl sheath and belt loop ensure your Hori-Hori will always be on hand when you need it. Its thick, natural wood handle provides a secure, comfortable grip to lessen the effort of the task at hand. This product also comes with a 3-year limited manufacturer's warranty.
This Cobra tool has been popular with many yardeners for years.
COH-short Features: -Hand-Held Universal. -Best all-purpose small garden tool. -Weeds cultivates digs plants transplants and does numerous other tasks well. -The handle is a mix of recycled plastic and agriculturally grown flax fiber and is the ''greenest'' garden tool available. -Comfortable for either right hand or left hand use. -Dimensions: 13'' H x 1'' W x 1'' D.
Another weeder to look at.
- Weeding tool for efficient, effective weed removal
- Stand-up weeder: pulls weeds by roots quickly and easily
- Durable steel construction and rustproof finishes for long-lasting wear
- Long-handled, patented design allows use from standing position; includes bag clip
- Limited lifetime warranty
- The Hound Dog Products "Weed Hound" stand-up weeder pulls weeds by their roots quickly and easily! It requires no bending and no chemicals, making weeding easier both on you and on your garden. The weeder can also be used to aerate soil for a healthier lawn. Like all Hound Dog Products tools, the Weed Hound features durable steel construction and rust-proof finishes for long-lasting wear; its comfortable grips and upright design make gardening easier on your hands, knees, and back. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
CAN YOU KILL WEEDS BY BURNING THEM? YES!
Propane blow torch when used properly handles tough to kill weeds lie those in the cracks of sidewalks and driveways.
- Quickly hooks up to any refillable propane tank (barbeque cylinders work great)
- Comes with a hand-tighten tank fitting
- This torch kit has plenty powerful and generates heat up to 2,000-degrees F
- The Weed Dragon has received the National Home Gardening Club Member Tested Seal-of-Approval.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Fully assembled and ready to go, the Flame Engineering 100,000 BTU Weed Dragon garden torch kit helps eliminate the risk of chemical residue and run-off, making your lawn and garden safe for your family and pets. Designed for home owners or landscapers who don't need the power of a farm torch, this handy tool helps keep your lawn and garden weed free and reduces the need for mowing or chemical use in hard-to-reach places. In fact, the 23-inch handle length and 10-foot gas hose make it a snap to reach every corner of your yard or garden so you can aim precisely and get optimum coverage exactly where you need it. CSA International Certified and easy to operate, the Weed Dragon connects to a standard propane cylinder and has a two-inch bell.
From the ManufacturerThe WEED DRAGON is the perfect propane torch kit for home and garden use. We've regulated the flame and BTU down for homeowners who don-Foott need the power of a farm torch and we-Footve even assembled it. This torch kit is still plenty powerful for lots of tough jobs all year long and generates heat up to 2,000-degree F. The 100,000 BTU Weed Dragon quickly hooks up to any refillable propane tank (barbeque cylinders work great) and even comes with a hand-tighten tank fitting (you don-Foott even need a wrench). Overall length from torch bell to back of handle is 27 1/2-inch. Used properly, the Weed Dragon is safe and easy to operate and is a great tool to reduce or eliminate herbicide use where children and pets could be exposed. Kit includes: 100,000 BTU Torch withplastic grip, 10-foot U.L. Listed LP Gas Hose, Hand Tighten Excess Flow P.O.L. Fitting, U.L. Listed Regulator, Adjustable Needle Valve, Pilot Spark Lighter, and Pipe Thread Compound. The Weed Dragon is not just for weeding - hundreds of other uses year round: FLAME weeds in your yard, garden, concrete cracks, rock gardens, driveways and along fence lines. Perfect along chainlink fences. Flaming reduces or eliminates spraying chemicals and is a lot more fun than pulling weeds. BURN heavy weeds and brush, stumps, debris and more. Perfect to burn off irrigation ditches, fields, culverts, pond edges etc. Start charcoal, campfires, burn barrels and back fires. THAW frozen water pipes. MELT snow and ice off steps, sidewalks, driveways and any nonflammable surfaces. HEAT metal castings, pipe and tubing, branding irons, pots, kettles, tar, asphalt and roofing materials. STERILIZE bird and animal cages, pens and other nonflammable confinement areas. REMOVE paint, grease, oil, plastic and other residues from metal, concrete and other nonflammable objects.