The gasoline or electric powered edger typically has a sharp circular blade mounted on a wheel that is, in turn, mounted on a gas or electric motor. Controls affixed to the end of the long handle permit adjustment of the depth and angle of the blade when it is run along the edge of a paved area so that it cuts the edge of the turf where it meets the paved area.
- Can help transform your yard and increase curb appeal
- 11 Amp, 2-1/4 HP motor supplies 150 in./lbs. of torque
- Three-position blade depth adjustment ensures optimum control
- Dimensions: 30 x 10 x 12.5 inches (WxHxD); weighs 12.4 pounds; 2-year warranty
- Comes with one edger blade
You'll get great results with this Black & Decker heavy-duty Edge Hog landscape edger, one of the easiest-to-use pieces of equipment we've come across. You'll be thrilled with how quickly you can get to work, as assembly takes only a few minutes. This is an electric model, so you'll need an extension cord and an electric outlet handy, but you won't have to deal with gas or oil. And it's so quiet you can edge at any time of day--even early Saturday mornings--without worrying about waking up the neighbors.
We found the Edge Hog has plenty of power in its 2-1/4-horsepower motor for both edging and trenching, and it's easy to switch from one to the other by simply raising or lowering the edge guide. The edger weighs only 12 pounds, which allows for easy transportation and great maneuverability around curved paths, but makes it more difficult to maintain a straight line when you're tackling a lawn that hasn't been edged in a while. If you're digging out quite a bit of dirt along with the edge you're creating, it takes some effort to keep the unit stable.
Undoing a screw toward the front of the edger and raising or lowering its leading wheel easily adjusts the depth of the edge groove you're making along with your edge. The unit can also be adjusted to fit the height of the user more comfortably by changing the angle on the guide handle. The blade requires only a pull of the trigger to start instantly and, unlike many gas models, stops as soon as the trigger is released---an important safety feature.Offering 150 in./lbs. of torque and 4,700 RPM of power, this 2-1/4 HP landscape edger from Black & Decker can help transform your yard and add real curb appeal to your home's exterior. Lightweight yet extremely efficient, the LE750 performs multiple tasks, including edging along hard surfaces like driveways and sidewalks; trenching around garden beds, trees, and borders; and helping to install both outdoor lighting and invisible dog fences. Its 11 Amp motor can handle even stubborn overgrown areas, and three-position blade depth adjustment ensures optimum control as you work. To guard against unintended unplugging while you're working, there's a built-in cord retention system. The LE750 conveniently starts with a simple pull of the trigger and for added peace of mind, it also instantly stops when that same trigger is released.
THIS IS A GAS POWERED EDGER
- The 22 cc, 2-cylinder engine has a remote air intake for a longer life
- Provides 2-inch cutting depth
- Anti-vibration T-handle makes operation much more comfortable for long jobs
- Blade retracts when T-bar trigger is released for both safety and precision
- Non-CARB compliant; not for sale in California
Weed Eater's Poweredge edger is a compact and easily maneuverable way to keep your lawn edges clean and precise. With a gear drive for more torque and performance, the 22 cc, two-cylinder engine has a remote air intake for a longer life. We're especially fond of the Poweredge's Comfortouch antivibration T-handle--it makes operation much more comfortable for long jobs. Offering three cutting depths and a stabilizer arm for consistently straight edges, the Poweredge's 8-1/2-inch blade cuts a variety of clean, deep trenches. Designed for both safety and precision, the blade retracts when the T-bar trigger is released. Two-year limited warranty.Gear-driven for more torque than belt-drive units. Tempered steel blade adjusts to 1'' and 2'' cutting depths. Anti-vibration T-handle for control and comfort. Blade retracts when handle is released. Heavy duty automatic clutch.
THIS IS AN EDGER AND TRENCER COMBINED
- 7-1/2-Inch Edger Blade
- Strong 12 Amp Motor
- Ergonomic Handle Design
- Three blade depth settings
- Can be used as a lawn edger or a trencher
- The Worx WG895 7-1/2-inch electric lawn edger and trencher is a 2-in-1 tool that is designed to keep you lawn perfectly edged. The blade can be adjusted to three blade depths so you can easily get your desired look and the easy to use cutting path indicator allows you to see where you are trenching next.