Whom To Consult For Landscaping To Prevent Water Pooling In Yard

Question From: W. Morris - MICHIGAN
Q: We have a 1/2 acre lot next to our house. In the spring the lot gets ponds in various spots from the snow melt and the rain. What type of professional would you recommend we contact to examine the lot and suggest options to eliminate the ponds? Thanks.

A: I believe you need the services of a landscape architect. Do get references and look at projects that have dealt with issues such as yours. Best Nancy and Happy Gardening