Choosing Bulb Planters
The bulb planter is a hand tool designed to create a proper sized and shaped hole for planting tulips, daffodils, and other spring and summer bulbs. See the files in Yardener’s Helper that cover the planting and care of all the bulbs (Caring For Bulbs)
Design – The most common design of bulb planter is a tapered metal cylilnder from 6 to 10 inches tall, attached to either a short handle similar to that of a trowel or a long handle of some type often with some kind of foot rest to aid in the digging process.
Fiskars 7983 Bulb Transplanter
- Ideal for bulb planting
- Easy spring-loaded working action
- Steel body construction
- Gradation marks for easy depth management
- Cuts 2-1/4-inch diameter planting holes
The Fiskars bulb transplanter makes bulb planting a simple and easy task. The tool body has gradation marks for easy depth measurement, and steel construction for long-lasting durability. Additionally, the handle is spring-loaded, making the working action easy and comfortable on your hands. This transplanter cuts 2-1/4-inch diameter planting holes.
OXO Good Grips Quick Release Gardening Bulb Planter 1068280
- Simply push, twist and pull to remove soil
- Pull lever to release soil over bulbs
- Wide handle can fit two hands
- Soft, comfortable non-slip grips
- Easy-to-read measurement markings
Quick release planter works by pushing into the soil, twisting and pulling back out, leaving the perfect hole for planting. Patented quick release lever releases the soil plug back into the hole when bulb is in place. Constructed of heavy gauge, chrome-plated carbon steel with an extended handle that is wide enough for 2 hands for added strength when plunging into soil. Special tooth pattern designed for easily penetrating and twisting through soil. Stamped, easy-to-read standard and metric measurements on both sides of the planter at precise depths. Dimensions: 6" x 2.5" x 9.25". Weight: 1 lb. 4 oz.
Radius Garden 207 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Bulb Auger
- Four times the gripping surface of conventional tools, with room for both hands
- Unbreakable resin-encased steel shaft
- Unique carbon steel blade design
- Extra-wide raised forward step, offset from shaft for better leverage and comfort
- Professional quality with a lifetime guarantee; Dimensions: 7.5 by 5.0D by 41.3 inches (width by depth by heigth)
Carbon steel blade with steel-reinforced polypropelene handle. Uniquely designed, carbon steel auger head has extended tooth for easy insertion into compacted soil. Specially designed cutting teeth open perfectly shaped hole for bulbs. Easy-to-see depth i
Garden Auger Bulb Planter 2.75" x 24"
- 2.75" diameter x 24" length garden auger
- most popular choice for fall bulb planting
- features sturdier 3/8" shaft
- all-steel construction
- 3 sided flats on drill chuck end for snug fit in drill
An awesome garden tool for digging holes in soil for planting bulbs and flowers. Fits standard household drills. (Drill Not Included.) Auger fits 3/8" drills and larger; 18 volt cordless drills are recommended.