You can grow vegetables in almost any container that has drain holes. A plastic milk carton works very well. Lots of other containers will work; whatever you can hustle. If you want to find some comerrcial products, here are some choices. We have used the Eatherbox with great success.
EarthBox RB-EB-PBB Garden Kit
- Wheeled garden box growing kit with fertilizer, dolomite, 2 germination covers
- Great for cultivating vegetables, herbs and flowers on windowsills, decks, balconies
- Sets up in just minutes to grow anywhere, indoors or outdoors
- Just add planting mix, seedlings and water; includes foolproof instructions
- Measures 30 by 13-1/2 by 12 inches (l x w x h); 2-1/2-cubic-foot soil capacity
The patented EarthBox was developed by commercial farmers and proven in the lab and on the farm. This maintenance-free, award-winning, high-tech growing system controls soil conditions, eliminates guesswork and more than doubles the yield of a conventional garden with less fertilizer, less water and virtually no effort! No digging, no weeding, no guesswork. Vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers grow bigger, tastier and faster in the EarthBox! The EarthBox Garden Kit measures 30" L x 13.5" W x 12" H and includes fertilizer, dolomite, two germination covers and castor wheels for easy movement. Almost any brand of potting mix for containers or hanging plants will work with EarthBox (not included), which has a large capacity of 2.5 cubic feet.