Dexol Blackhole® Rodent Trap
Rids homes, lawns of Moles, gophers and rats. Easy to set trap kills rodent. Reusable plastic trap contains spring bar, spring, and trigger wire.
Instructions for the Blackhole Rodent Trap
For Gophers, Rats, and Moles.
Occasionally bending of spring bar (with pliers) may be necessary to maintain maximum sensitivity.
Find a Fresh Gopher or Mole Mound:
1. Lightly "prime" trap with loose soil to conceal cable noose and floor of trap.
2. Find a fresh gopher or mole mound. Dig up and expose open tunnel. In lawns, carefully spade up a rectangular piece of sod and save to cover hole once rodent is caught.
3. Install trap in tunnel opening and seal all cracks with loose soil to insure no light enters.
4. Keep vent hole clear of soil to allow air to enter.
Why Gophers Pack Dirt in Trap:
a. Trap improperly set in tunnel.
b. Light leakage into trap.
c. Trap too "stiff." Readjust trigger for tripping with just a slight touch.
d. Maybe you have a smart gopher. If packing persists, stick a carrot in vent hole and reset trap. Let's see how smart he is!
1. Lay trap on flat surface.
2. With left hand, depress spring down flush with top of trap and hold down.
3. With tight hand, lay "spring bar" across spring and insert end in "trigger bar" across spring and insert end in "trigger" hold. Gently release.
4. The trap is now set and ready to install in gopher tunnel.
A Few Extra Trapping Tips:
1. Trap evening and early morning.
2. Cover trap with loose soil, sealing all light except vent hole on end.
3. Wash trap with water after use.
4. Set trap in fresh tunnel only. If no activity in a few hours, move trap.