Safer® Disposable Yellow Jacket Trap
No pesticides. A pheromonal lure attracts and traps wasps and yellow jackets. Contents are food attractant. Trap is effective for 2-3 weeks.
Instructions for the SAFER® Disposable Yellow Jacket Trap
Note: Assemble the trap inside and wash hands before going outside to hang the trap. The attractant is very powerful. Yellow jackets can sting and cause allergic reactions in some people.
1. Remove protective plastic wrap.
2. Open the trap from the top and remove all contents.
3. Fold out the two hang tabs.
4. Fold over tabs on sticky glue board. Peel off release liner.
5. Place attractant pad in center of board and press firmly.
6. Cut top off attractant packet and squeeze attractant onto pad using as much attractant
7. Lay the trap down on its back, slide glue board in against back wall of trap with the
sticky side facing up. The folded tabs on the glue board should help keep the glue
surface from touching the front panel of trap.
8. With the trap still on its back, fold in all four perforated flaps on the sides of the trap,
pressing them onto the sticky surface of the sticky board, holding it securely against
the back of the trap.
9. Hang trap with twist tie and hanging flaps.
Place the trap away from human activity. If trap will be used during a BBQ or other activity where food is present, place traps out at least an hour before food is brought outside.
In the spring, hang trap where it will get late morning and early afternoon sun or evening sun. In the middle of summer place the trap where it will get mid-morning or evening sun.
Discarding the Trap
During peak yellow jacket season (July through mid-September), you be able to tell if the trap is full if yellow jackets enter holes and leave again. This means that the trap surface is entirely covered with inserts. In the early part of the season (spring) and later (fall), you may want to check the trap by carefully opening the top and looking inside the trap to determine if the trap is full. If you choose to check the trap, do so in the very early morning or in the evening when yellow jackets are less active. Once the trap is full, discard in your normal trash collection.
Other Information - The attractant will last about a week during normal temperatures. Extremely hot weather will cause the attractant to evaporate quicker. The trap is not intended to be reused; however, if the surface of the inner board is till sticky and not full with insects, you may re-bait the trap with SAFER® Yellow jacket Attractant available from your retailer. Re-bait inside and follow the precautions outlined above.