Garden Sulfur by Espoma
Sulfur products are used to lower the pH of soil that is too alkaline.
Espoma Garden Sulfur is the finest, most effective sulfur product available. It is an all natural, high purity mineral that can be used both as a plant food to provide the nutrient sulfur and as a soil amendment to correct the problem of alkaline soil.
Benefits of Garden Sulfur:
• Turns hydrangeas from pink to blue
• Lowers pH of soil to its optimum range
• Promotes growth and dark greening of plants
• Won’t burn your plants because of its low salt index
• Safe to use around children and pets (not hazardous or toxic)
• When used as part of a regular fertilizer program, it can provide a season-long source of sulfur.
Directions for using Garden Sulfur
It is always recommended that you do a soil analysis to ensure the proper rate of application.
Plant Food Recommendation
Sprinkle 3 tbsp. Per 100 sq. ft. (1 tsp per plant) around the root zone. If possible, mix it in with your fertilizer and work it into the soil.
Soil Acidifier Recommendation
In the absence of a soil test, follow the rates below. Results can take up to several weeks depending on rate, soil temperature and timing of application. Reduce the rates by one-third for sandy soils and increase by one-half for clay soils. In general, the optimum range for blue hydrangeas is 5.5 – 6.0, and for blueberries it’s 4.5 – 5.0.
The chart below gives you pounds of sulfur per hundred square feet in a loamy soil it takes to change your soil to the desired pH.
|Adjusting pH With Sulfur|