The decision to feed hummingbirds carries along the responsibility to offer them fresh, healthy food and a safe, clean feeding station.
Forget the commercial nectars or red dyes. Plain old sugar dissolved in water at a ratio of one part sugar to four parts water is best. This approximates the sweetness of flower nectar. Use only white table sugar. Honey and artificial sweeteners have been shown to be harmful to hummingbirds.
Because of the high sugar level, hummingbird nectar may sour and mold may grow in the feeder in warm weather. When preparing your sugar-water, boil the water for a few minutes, stir in the sugar and let it cool, then fill the feeder and refrigerate any excess solution. Keep your feeder clean by rinsing it out between fillings.
If you see spots of mold, scrub with a brush. If the mold persists use a 5% dilute bleach solution, then rinse thoroughly. Replace old nectar with fresh sugar water every week in spring and fall, every two to three days as it warms up, and daily if the temperature rises above 85 degrees.
WE DON'T RECOMMEND THE FEEDERS HOLDING MUCH MORE THAN 16 OZ. OF SUGAR WATER. UNLESS YOU HAVE A TON OF HUMMERS SUCKING UP AT THE BAR, IT TAKES TOO LONG FOR A FEW HUMMERS TO FINISH UP MORE THAN 12 OZ. LEAVING MORE CHANCE FOR FUNGAL PROBELMS TO DEVELOP.
WE LIKE THE FEEDERS WITH THE PERCHES SO THE LITTLE TROOPERS CAN REST A BIT AS THEY SUCK UP LUNCH.
- 16 ounce capacity
- Shatterproof reservoir
- Six feeding ports
- Built-in ant moat and perches
- Brass hanging hook (or can be pole mounted)
The Perky-Pet Hummingbird Oasis Feeder features six feeding ports, an ant moat and holds 16 ounces of nectar. Easily attaches to wall, window or post. The design is extremely efficient with its flying saucer-like shape that provides ample room for birds to feed. Don't fool yourself, the Oasis actually will be there for the birds as they travel across the barren desert that is your neighborhood, in search of food, ultimately landing at your house! The feeder comes with a brass hanging rod but may also be mounted on a pole. The clear, shatter-proof acrylic reservoir makes it easy to monitor nectar levels and unscrews easily from the feeder base for quick cleaning and filling. The feeder may be cleaned with the Perky-Pet Cleaning Mop. Remember to clean your feeder at least twice a week, more often in very warm climates or seasons. Perky-Pet is the leading supplier of Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet Wild Flower models are designed to resemble nectar bearing flowers, looking irresistible to hummingbirds when used in a flower garden or treeletting you discover the beauty and fascinating behavior of the elusive hummingbird.
NOW FOR WAY OUT THIS IS THE MODEL FOR YOU
- Easy to fill feeder holds approximately 10 oz. of nectar
- Multiple feed ports for increased feeding
- Durable, weather-resistant finish.
- Clear Glass Fluid Holder
- Roof twists on and off for easy cleaning
NOW HERE IS A MINI FEEDER THAT WORKS JUST FINE
- Built-in ant moat.
- Easy cleaning and filling
- Hang or post mount
- Raised flowers divert rain
- Drip and leak proof
Encourages hummingbirds to stay and feed longer. A solid brass stem and built-in ant moat add to the lifetime guarantee quality of this models. Increases your viewing pleasure by doubling both the nectar capacity and feeding ports.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BIT OF FLASH, THIS IS FOR YOU
- Amethyst colored glass and finely crafted solid copper base
- Hummingbirds perch while feeding through open cut sunlit ruby red flower ports
- Original glass and metal
- Comes in the box with a copper chain, ready to hang
- Start attracting hummingbirds to your yard
- A wonderful addition to your yard or garden, this sparkling amethyst colored glass hummingbird feeder will stand apart from the rest! Attached to a well-crafted solid copper base that hummingbirds will enjoy perching upon, this feeder is both decorative and functional. The flower shaped feeding ports are cut right into the copper base, adding to the ornate style of this beautiful feeder. The eye-catching gem-shaped nectar reservoir is sure to attract even the most finicky of hummingbirds in your yard. Easy to fill, easy to clean, and leak free! Comes with copper chain and is ready to hang. Measures approximately 12" in length.
A WINDOW MOUNTED FEEDER PUTS THE LITTLE BEAUTIES RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE.
- Holds 6 ounces of nectar
- Two ports with two complete sets of nectar guard tips to virtually eliminate insect contamination of the nectar
- Quick and easy refills and cleaning
- Includes suction cups and port brush
- Made of U.V. stabilized polycarbonate
- Bring hummingbirds right to your window. The Window Hummer-2 holds 6 ounces of nectar and features two ports with two complete sets of nectar guard tips. Nectar guards virtually eliminate insect contamination of the nectar while still allowing hummingbirds to feed. The cap is bright red to attract hummingbirds and has a nectar recipe engraved on it. The red filler cap has a 0.5 inch hole in it that can be aligned with the hole in the clear cleaning cover beneath it for quick and easy refills. Unscrew both caps for easy cleaning. Use the included port brush carefully to clean the ports and nectar guards. The feeder cover and basin are made of U.V. stabilized polycarbonate. The feeder may be mounted to your window with the included suction cups. Made in the U.S.A. Lifetime Guarantee.