The systems we offer here are all considered basic good for getting started systems. They all come with excellent documentation and all are supported by excellent websites with more helpful advice and tips. I have tried all of these systems and feel they are good starter systems without breaking the bank.
OKAY - HERE IS MY FAVORITE SYSTEM FOR BEGINNERS. OTHERS WORK BUT THIS IS EASIEST.
Emily's Garden is a winner in my book.
- Hydroponic garden system with 6 planters, seed starter cubes, Geolite growing medium
- Large 2-gallon reservoir and pump irrigation system for easier watering
- Six 6- by 6- by 7-inch planters with growing medium for optimal plant development
- Geolite growing medium, rather than soil, for 5 times faster cultivation
- Includes instructions, air pump, tubing, formed cover, pH test kit, water level indicator
- Raising your own plants is more fun than ever with Hydrofarm's hydroponic kits. Emily's Garden comes with Geolite Growing Medium, a lightweight, pH-neutral clay aggregate that captures just the right amount of moisture. Also, you can give your hydrogarden all the vitamins and nutrients it needs with the all-purpose nutrient solution that's included. Just mix 1 teaspoon with a gallon of water before initially filling or topping off the water supply. The kit also includes a formed cover that allows for six separate planters, a pump/irrigation system, and a handy-dandy dipstick that stays on top of the water level. Remember, hydroponically grown plants need the same amount of light plants grown in soil, so an adequate light source is still essential.
THIS IS ANOTHER BASIC SYSTEM THAT IS PRETTY EASY TO LEARN TO USE.