A water sensor is a very handy device for those of us who keep forgetting to water our houseplants. When the water in the soil is low, the sensor will alert you with a light or a sound. They can mean the difference between having beautiful houseplants or having a dead houseplant.
Fertile Earth WaterStik Plant Moisture Sensor
- By using the WaterStik InstaRead button the user can simply push the button and know immediately the status of the plant
- The Waterstik identifies when the plant has been over watered
- Color of light indicates if the plant needs water or not
- Blue means overwatered Green mean good Yellow means water soon and Red means water now
- Depth gauge allows you to adapt the WaterStik to different plant types and watering habits
The WaterStik is a revolutionary moisture sensor designed to automatically remind you when to water your indoor plants. The multi-colored LED instantly tells you the status of your plant. The WaterStik not only reminds you when to water, but it also tells you if you've overwatered. The WaterStik is the only indoor moisture sensor that measures the actual variance between the soil and the water, thus is not susceptible to variations in the soil. The depth gauge tells you how deeply into the soil to place the stick. These were determined by analyzing the moisture demands of specific plant types. The WaterStik runs on two 1-1/2 volt button cell batteries, which last approximately one year. The color of the light indicates if the plant needs water or not. Blue indicates too wet, green indicates good moisture level, yellow notifies you to water soon and red warns you to water now. The WaterStik works in 4 inch to 10 inch planters. Sensor will flash red when the plant is in need of water. You can also test the moisture level at any time in any potted plant by pressing the button for an instant reading.