These tools are not designed to dig in the dirt. Rather they are designed to transfer or move stuff from one place to another. The transfer shovel is good for loading a wheel barrow with dirt or gravel. The transfer fork is used to move mulch or manure or other soft materials that hold together.
Compost ForksUNION TOOLS 74156 COMPOST FORK 36"
by Union Tools
- For transferring and aerating compost
- 5 oval 12.5" long tines with a 9" head width
- One-piece forged head
- 36" hardwood handle with poly D-grip
5 forged oval tines tempered and pointed. Blue enameled head and chrome ferrule. Tines are 12'' L. x 8 3 4'' W. Blue poly D grip with a 36'' handle. Refer to model No. 736 for replacement handle.
Spear & Jackson Compost & Mulch Fork
- 54" ash handle with a curved connection to the head
- Basket shaped head with closely spaced tines
- Ideal for handling mulch, wood chips, compost, leaves
- Made By Spear & Jackson who have been making tools for 250 years
- 10 year guarantee
Spear & Jackson is a English company who have been making garden tools for over 250 years. They are still the leading supplier of quality tools in the UK. The Mulch and Compost fork has a wide 10-tine scooping head that is used like a shovel to transfer and spread loose material such as mulch from one place to another. The 54"long shaft is made from long growth ash which is just under 1.5" thick. This makes the handle not only very strong but also easy to work with. Overall length is 65"
Fiskars Transfer Shovel 96585935
- Square-nose steel shovel with unique D-handle makes quick work of moving mulch, sand, and loose soil
- Ergonomic D-shaped handle provides greater leverage plus room for a variety of comfortable hand positions
- Oversized step lets you exert greater foot pressure free of painful arch stress
- Teardrop-shaped shaft fits the shape of your hand, reduces fatigue
Fiskars transfer shovel could be the most satisfying, stress-reducing garden implement you¿ll ever have the pleasure to use. The straight blade and squared corners make this steel shovel ideally suited to scooping or transferring materials such as mulch, sand, and loose soil. The oversized D-handle provides ample space for both hands and a variety of hand positions, while the oversized step serves as a solid platform for you exert lots of powerful foot pressure. And unlike round shafts, this tear(drop)shaft conforms to the shape of the hand, making it much easier to maintain a strong, comfortable grip. And if all that isn¿t enough, Fiskars throws in a lifetime warranty of flawless performance.
Union Tools 44101 Razor-Back® Square Point Transfer Shovel (S248)
by Union Tools
- For transferring heavy, loose material
- Largest open-back industrial gauge, tempered steel blade
- Rolled step prevents material build-up
- 48" premium Northern White Ash handle