- For trapping rabbits, skunks, large squirrels, and similar-size nuisance animals
- Two spring loaded doors
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals
- Efficacy proven in extensive field testing means higher catch rate and fewer escapes
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use with Instructions and tips on baits and trap setting included
- Ideal for trapping rabbits, skunks, large squirrels, and similar-size nuisance animals. The Havahart two-door cage trap has been designed for the safety of animals. This humane trap, with its two spring loaded doors, has many features to allow safe, quick and easy catches. Constructed of sturdy wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life, and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion. Mesh openings are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait. Two spring loaded doors allow animals to enter from either direction. Sensitive trigger ensures quick, secure capture. Solid door and handle guard protect user during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals. Made in the USA.
Live trapping to transport rabbits to distant habitat is not recommended. Aside from the fact that it is illegal in many states to transport wildlife without a permit, the issue is the impact on the rabbit after it has been freed into a new territory. It is usually destined to cause overpopulation in a territory already sufficiently populated for the available food supply. So the newcomer creates stress among the existing rabbit population, even possibly introducing disease. Very likely you transfer the rabbit problem to some other nearby homeowner.
However, appropriate live traps for rabbits are commercially available as humane alternatives to traditional leg holds. The idea is to humanely capture the animal so that he can then be humanely killed.