Tube shaped bird feeders are very popular because they are easy to hang, easy to fill, and fairly easy to clean. You will find many different models of tube feeders. They vary in size, in design, and in the materials with which they are constructed. Here are some popular models.
SQUIRREL PROOF TUBE FEEDERS ARE POPULAR
THIS IS CUTE
- Squirrel proof
- Plenty of surfaces for small clinging birds such as nuthatches to grip
- Removeable perches offer feeding options for chickadees, finches and sparrows
- Larger birds and squirrels are thwarted by the patented Squirrel Buster technology
- Not harmful in any way
- The patented Squirrel Buster technology is truly squirrel proof. Thousands of delighted bird lovers have confirmed it. The Squirrel Buster Classic has openings in the wire grid that align with the seed ports and provide birds access to the seed. When a squirrel climbs onto the feeder, its weight automatically forces the grid down, closing access to the seed ports. Squirrels and many large birds are foiled but not harmed in any way.
THIS IS FOR FINCHES
- Satisfy hungry finches, chickadees, and other birds without squirrels swiping the seed
- Innovative weight-sensitive design prevents squirrels and other large animals from reaching seed
- Patented Tube Ventilation System keeps seed fresher longer to attract birds
- Hang at least 16 inches away from secure foothold for squirrels
- Includes 2-year warranty
- Feed thistle to your finches and goldfinches without squirrels pilfering the seed using the Brome Squirrel Buster Finch Feeder. This innovative feeder has a two year warranty against squirrel damage and offers a weight sensitive design crafted to deter larger animals without harming them. A metal mesh shroud surrounds the clear plastic seed tube, creating clinging areas for your birds. Perches at the four bottom ports offer a resting spot for birds, while the four upper ports are accessed by clinging onto the wire. When a larger animal, such as squirrel, lands on the feeder, the shroud lowers over the ports so they are not able to reach the seed. The design of the seed tube also features a ventilation system, which allows warm air and humidity to escape from holes at the top of the feeder, while fresh air enters through the seed ports. This keeps the thistle seed fresh, helping to attract more birds. The tube holds 2.1 pounds of thistle seed for a generous feeding station. A green, metal cap protects the seed from excess moisture and a wire hanger enables the unit to be hung from a bracket or branch. The "negative grip" cover on the hanger disallows squirrels from outsmarting the mechanism - they slip off rather than grabbing the hanging wire with their feet and reaching the seed with their front paws. Hang the feeder at least 16 inches away from a secure foothold for squirrels. Delight the finches in your area with this Squirrel Buster Finch Feeder.
THIS IS A GOOD ONE
- Squirrel Proof ABS plastic mixed seed wild bird feeder with four seed ports
- Seed ports are totally enclosed in a sturdy powdercoated steel cage
- Squirrels and large birds like bluejays, morning doves and grackles can't get at the seed, but most song birds can
- Forest green finish bird feeder holds one quart of seed
- Great gift idea
- Squirrel Proof ABS plastic mixed seed wild bird feeder with four seed ports. Forest green finish. Holds one quart of seed. Totally enclosed in a sturdy powdercoated steel cage. Squirrels and large birds like bluejays, morning doves and grackles can't get at the seed, but most song birds can.
NOW HOW ABOUT LARGER FEEDERS?
HERE'S A NICE ONE
- Holds 11 lb of seed
- Nine feeding ports
- Triple tube can dispense three types of seed at one time
- Translucent plastic squirrel baffle dome and seed tray are included - seed ports and perches are metal
- Great gift idea!
- The Birdscapes Triple Tube holds 11 lbs. of seed, has 9 feeding stations, triple tube system which allows for three different types of seed to be dispensed and a tray to catch seeds and shells. The nine perch/feeding station set-up makes this feeder one of the most economical and convenient on the market! Classy, sleek and futuristic in design! The clear, shatter-proof plastic reservoir makes it easy to monitor seed levels. Remember to clean your feeder once every two weeks with mild soap and water solution. Birdscapes is the leading supplier of Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Birdscapes Wild Bird Feeder models lure the bird in pursuit of seed providing you with hours of joy as random wild birds flock to feed at your house.
HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?
- 1.25-quart capacity
- Combines heavy, die cast metal caps and bases with a clear, UV stabilized, polycarbonate tube to make this feeder an investment that lasts a lifetime
- Built in seed deflector in the base allows birds to remove every last seed
- Quick-Clean removable base allows for easy cleaning
- 4 feeding stations
- Aspects' Seed Tube Feeders combine heavy, die cast metal caps, ports, bases and a clear U.V. stabilized polycarbonate tube to make these feeders an investment that lasts a lifetime. A built in seed deflector in the base allows birds to remove every last seed. Redesigned feed ports on the seed tube model have a raised ridge to divert rainwater and perches are part of the seed port. Add a seed tray to attract more birds, and protect the feeder from the elements with an Aspects dome. These new feeders feature a revolutionary removable base. To remove the base all you need to do is push the buttons and the base slides easily out! When a seed tray is attached to a feeder, simply remove the base for cleaning with the tray still attached. It is one easy step that makes cleaning your feeders a snap! Brushed nickel finish, 1.25 quart capacity.