We offer a broad range of seed starting equipment and supplies in Yardener's Tool Shed; click here
Chinese Cabbage (Pe-tsai or Won Bok or Nappa)
CHINESE CABBAGE MICHIHILI NAPA
- An authentic vegetable to add to stirfry.
- Matures at two to three pounds
- 499 Plus Seeds
Cabbage Chinese Michihili [ Brassica Rapa ] is a heirloom plant that has conical heads are 18 inches tall and 6 inches wide. It has green and white leaves and stems. The heads are crisp, tender and weigh 3-5 lbs, and they have a good flavor and blanch well. The crunchy, pale colored hearts are delicious chopped and eaten raw in a salad, or it can be boiled like ordinary Cabbage. Used in stir fry dishes and other Asian dishes. Also used to make coleslaw. Time the seeding so it matures in autumn. PLANTING INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED
Cabbage Chinese Wong Bok Seed
- Chinese cabbage is somtimes called "Napa cabbage"
- Mild flavor with a slight hint of sweetness
- Great in salads and in Asian cooking (such as stir-fry)
- 2 gram seed package
- Brassica rapa
Chinese cabbage has soft, delicate texture and a mild flavor with a hint of sweetness. It is great for making salads, but is also popular in Asian cooking (like stir-fry). Cabbage seeds should be sown in the summer for a fall crop.
Chinese Mustard (Bok Choy, Pak Choi)
Mustard Greens Mizuna Certified Organic Heirloom Seeds 175 Seeds
- This peppery green can also be grown as an ornamental.
- It is ready for you to start harvesting after in as little as three weeks.
- This tangy green can even be started when your soil is still cool.
- You find this feathery green in Mesclun mixes.
- Brassica rapa
Bok Choy White Stem Heirloom Seeds 225 Seeds
- A mainstay in Asian cuisine, this cool season crop
- is like having several vegetables in one.
- Its succulent leaves are mild flavored like spinach.
- Its stems are crunchy and sweet.
- Even the flowers are edible.
Bok Choy Tatsoi Rosette Heirloom Seeds 175 Seeds
- This is a great choice for stir-fry and in salads.
- It has a stronger flavor than traditional boc choy and has a hint of mustard.
- It has beautiful dark green leaves, sometimes grown for its decorative value.
- Crazy; because it is very nutritious.
- Tolerant to cold, it can be harvested from under snow.
Sow as soon as the soil can be worked and at least 2 weeks prior to the last frost. Also sow in late summer for a fall or winter harvest.
Pak Choi Seeds - F-1 Baby Green Fortune
- Chubby mini heads (6-8 inches) are ready to harvest in 45 days.
- Add this green to stir fry.
- Pak Choi likes a rich soil and cool weather.
Renee's brand new heat resistant baby variety rapidly produces cute and chubby mini heads of pak choi whose crispy pastel stalks and deep green leaves size up and are ready to eat in record time. Perfect for spring or fall planting and very ornamental in neat garden beds or rows, the 6 to 8 inch compact, vase shaped heads are mild, sweet and crunchy. This easy to grow vegetable makes wonderful quick stir fries, or braise it for a succulent side dish.
Plant In: Feb - May / Aug - Oct | Sun Shade: Full Sun | Planting Depth: 1/4" | Space Seeds: 2" | Days to Germinate: 7-10 Days | Days to Harvest: Approx. 45