Home and garden centers, specialty or hardware stores and mailorder catalogs stock a variety of attractive birdbaths which both decorate the yard and provide essential water for bird visitors. Choose from many different styles in terra cotta, cement, plastic, or glazed pottery. Be sure your choice can withstand freezing weather, so you can leave it outdoors to provide water during the winter months.
For extensive information about watering songbirds, see the file Watering Songbirds
While it is not necessary to set the birdbath upon a pedestal, it is safer for the birds. They are less vulnerable to attack by neighborhood cats which are major predators of songbirds. Those birdbath models that are hung by a set of chains from a hook in a tree limb or pot hanger mounted on a wooden post are the safest. Baths raised off of the ground are also easier to reach for cleaning and filling.
HERE IS ONE WITH A WIGGLYER; WOW!
- Moving water will attract more birds to your bird bath
- Agitator action prevents West Nile virus by eliminating stagnant water and stops mosquitoes from laying eggs
- Can be placed in almost any existing bird bath, including heated bird baths
- No wiring or plumbing necessary
- Operates silently on two D batteries for up to two months of continuous use
- Attract birds - not mosquitoes! Because birds love moving water, Water Wiggler works great to attract birds! And it helps prevent the spreading of West Nile virus by eliminating stagnant water in bird baths. Water Wiggler's unique agitator action creates continuous ripples in water, which prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs in bird baths. Easy to install! Just place the small dome in bird bath and go! No wiring and no plumbing. Operates silently on two D-cell batteries for up to two months of continuous use. May also be used with heated bird bath in winter.
THEN WE HAVE A SOLAR HEATED BATH
- Solar-powered birdbath with fountain
- Weathered stone finish with classic sculpted accents
- Wireless for easy setup
- Crafted of weather resistant poly-resin
- Dimensions: 21 by 15 by 14 inches
- Add a fountain and birdbath to your garden with this two-in-one, Solar Birdbath from STI. Made from durable fiberglass and resin with a natural, weathered stone finish, this solar-powered fountain sprays refreshing streams of water in every direction to keep all the birds happy. No plugs and no cords needed, hummingbirds, chickadees, orioles, robins or any species of avian friends frequent the area will love bathing in this self-contained fountain. An integrated solar panel keeps this fountain birdbath flowing as long as the sun will shine. The weathered stone color finish compliments any garden.
HERE IS AN OUT OF THIS WORLD BIRD BATH FOR GOSSIP OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
First Nature's Bird Waterer and Birdbath features a durable water reservoir that holds over 100 ounces of water, then releases it into four separate drinking pools on demand. The First Nature Bird Waterer and Birdbath can be mounted on a 4" x 4" post or can be hung with a chain and "S" hook. (Chain not included.) Simply remove the colorful royal blue water reservoir and fill it with fresh cool water. In between fillings, both the reservoir and the drinking pools can be washed with warm soapy water. As the birds bathe in or consume the water, it's instantly replenished from the reservoir. The signature of First Nature products is color and this Bird Waterer and Birdbath doesn't disappoint. The distinctive royal blue color adds a splash of color to any backyard. Bird Watering Tip: A good water source is one that is shallow (less than 3 inches) and one that is easily refreshed. Periodically clean your water source with a sponge or a brush and rinse before refilling. Clean, fresh water is essential to attracting and providing for a healthy wild bird population. The First Nature Bird Bath & Waterer is ideal!
EVEN ON YOUR DECK
- Practical birdbath with tilting mount from API, Inc.
- Basin is constructed in plastic with a rim designed for natural talon gripping
- Basin mounts a screw-clamp bracket that fits deck railings; no tools needed for installation
- Hinged mount allows users to tilt the basin to dump out dirty water for simple pool refreshing
- The bath measures 20 inches in diameter with a 2-inch depth; this item weighs 4.9 pounds upon shipping
Birds enjoy drinking, playing and bathing in many pools of water, whether splashing in a puddle brimming from a pothole, water treatment reservoir, or a public fountain. However, some of these swimming areas are tainted by oil and gasoline run-off, sewage, residue from a road's tar or asphalt, or heavy chlorination. Such unnatural impurities may actually leave a bird dirtier post-bath and endanger its physical wellbeing. While controlling the water quality of every puddle in the world is impossible, bird lovers can at least provide a safer bathing pool for feathered friends by installing a home birdbath and keeping the basin stocked with clean water. To help encourage frequent refills of fresh water, Allied Precision Industries (API) created this birdbath model with a hinged mount to enable easy disposal of dirty, stagnant water.
Simple in appearance to fit into any outdoor décor, the birdbath basin features plastic construction that fares well through all weather conditions. Birds come to rest on the basin's rim, which is designed specifically to accommodate a natural talon grip. The basin affixes to API's unique EZ-Tilt-To-Clean deck rail mount. A sturdy hinge allows users to flip the basin over to quickly dump dirty water over the railing. The mount uses a screw clamp to grip a rail, needing no drills for installation. To best attract birds, place the birdbath in a sheltered southeast location and stock with fresh water regularly. The bath measures 20 inches in diameter with a 2-inch depth. This item weighs 4.9 pounds upon shipping. --Jessica Reuling
Product DescriptionUn-heated Bird Bath with Tilt-to-Clean Deck Mount. The bowl is 20" x 2" deep. The shape of the rim is designed to be easily grasped by a bird's talons making it a natural perch and, as a result, encourages landings. Includes a mounting bracket that firmly attaches to deck rails. The bath can be tilted for cleaning without removing it from the rail.
HOW ABOUT A WATER WIGGLER?
- Water agitator for bird baths; attracts birds discourages mosquitoes
- Agitator action creates continuous ripples in water
- No wiring and no plumbing; operates silently on two D-cell batteries (not included)
- Up to two months of continual use
- May also be used in a heated bird bath during winter
- Water Wiggler attracts birds - not mosquitos! Moving water attracts birds. Water Wiggler works great to attract birds and helps prevent the spreading of West Nile virus by eliminating stagnant water in birdbaths. Water Wiggler's unique agitator action creates continuous ripples in water, preventing mosquitos from laying eggs in bird baths. Easy to install. Just place in bird bath and go! No wiring and no plumbing. Operates silently on two D-cell batteries for up to two months of continual use. Operates 24 hours a day. May also be used with heated bird bath in winter.