We offer a broad range of seed starting equipment and supplies in Yardener's Tool Shed; click here
Blue Scotch Curled Kale - 100 Seeds - BONUS PACK!
- Compact plants yield tender, blue-green, crinkled leaves
- quite delicious, very cold hardy, and rich in vitamin A
Italian Heirloom Kale Seeds - Lacinato
- Plant In: Feb - May / Aug. - Sept.
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Planting Depth: 1/2" / Seed Spacing: 2"
- Days to Germinate:7-10 Days
- Mature Height: Approx 48"
This unique heirloom's thick, crinkled leaves are a deep blue-green and an absolute standout in the garden. Sweet flavor, never strong or overbearing. Cold and heat tolerant in all zones
Organic Red Russian Kale - 300 Seeds - Heirloom
Red Russian Kale - pack
24-30 in. Hardy Biennial
An old favorite for its tenderness, sweet flavor, and nutritive value. Attractive, prolific plant is tasty steamed, stir-fried, or in salads when young. Retains its sweetness during warm weather and tolerates extreme cold.
Planting Depth: 1/4"-1/2"
Soil Temp. for Germ.: 55-85 F
Days to Germ.:3-10
Plant Spacing: 12-18"
Days to Maturity: 50-60
Full Sun/Partial Shade
Pack weight 1.0gms
~ 300 seeds
Kale Siberian Heirloom Seeds 175 Seeds
- One of the most nutritious greens you can grow
- Like lettuce it prefers the cool of autumn or spring
- Russian traders brought this seed well
- over a hundred years ago.
- This packet plants a 25 foot row.
Introduced well over a hundred years ago by Russian traders this vegetable is one of the most nutritious greens available. Although you can use it in stews and soups it is easier and quicker to just sautee with olive oil and garlic. Like most greens it likes the cool seasons to perform its best. This packet contains enough seeds for a 25 foot row.